Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Imagination

When I open the cover of a book
the story comes to life. Just look!
The words morph into a movie before your eyes.
Within your imagination, no lies.
Wolves in wedding dresses are master cooks!

Picture this: butterflies fly free;
fields of flowers; fields of green. Comely mystery.
Then the bees soon close follow.
But make a turn to the trees that are hollow.
The honey will be dripping soon. Yummy.

It's battle time. You hear a battle cry.
Metal chinking. Ouch! Stabbed in the eye.
Eyepatch on the pirate wooden leg.
Please don't steal me gold, I beg!
Arrrg! He made away with me gold. Sigh.

A creature with fangs stalks you in the night.
That creature? He's about to take a bite.
 Howling over the hills at the moon
is a predator. Bite is worse than doom.
And when they shift it's a sore for sight.

I can breathe underwater.
No worries about staying under longer.
I have gills carved on the side of my face.
Seaweed finish line in sight. I'm in a race.
With who you ask? Why, Triton's daughter.

I was never in control.
Dragon swallows you whole,
but you find a dry and safe match.
Read on. Here's another book, catch.
I have now completed my goal.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.I've always been impressed with your work. I'm very proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.I've always been impressed with your work. I'm very proud of you

    ReplyDelete