Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Mess of Stress

As I walk down this street and think about tomorrow,
I realize I shouldn't.

{Self-analyzation}
I worry about tomorrow
To escape today's stresses.

But isn't that just adding more stress?

Yes.

It helps ease the pain, yet it harms.

{False hope}
I think of all the good things that can come of a new day...
...
...
...then I hear a voice.
A voice of admonishment.
A voice not of encouragement,
but one of failure.
Reminding me of what I can't do and what can never be done.

Then I hear a different voice.
One that is softer, yet stronger at the same time.

It's building up, Up, UP!
Courage, strength, faith, LOVE!
In oneself, in others, in God.
Unity together trumps all.

No more stress.
I have no worries.
With Jesus in my heart
I don't have to worry whether or not I'm doing my part.
(Correctly in the world)

I'll end this by saying Hakuna Matata because it's my favorite thing to say
and that I hope you have quite a swell day.

No comments:

Post a Comment