Friday, July 10, 2015

Mother

I wrote this one when I was super hurt and really angry. I wrote it kind of as a story book that has a start and a finish. Bad start good finish with the characters. Because it does say jesus freak and hypocrite thats going to hell, i am not putting myself above her. We are all sinners. But in this particular poem and as my emotions being as they were when i wrote it, I took the beginning and end into weighty extremes of contrast to give the poem tangible emotion so the reader could feel how i was feeling then.

this is it:


My mom's a control freak;
Wow, ain't that neat?
But I'm a Jesus freak,
So have a seat.

I gotta tell ya somethin',
So listen well.
It's all about a hypocrite
that's going to Hell.

She says, ¨Do as I say, not as I do.¨
Jesus freak--she claims to be one too!

When it comes to the day when she goes up to the sky,
God will send her far back down with a shrieking cry:

¨I DO NOT KNOW YOU! SO GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!¨
¨Why?¨ She asks, ¨All I did was do everything out of spite.¨

Down, down, down she went.
Sadly on that day her soul was spent.

Thankfully that day is yet to come.
For my mom, let's pray some.

O Lord, will you heal my mom's heart from all the wounds she's had?
Will you make her heart one that is joyful, cheerful, and glad?

O God by your hands alone
Make her heart stitched together and sewn.

Healed, God. Healed.
Make her old life repealed.

Create in her a pure heart that has you as number one
And the Holy Spirit and the Son.

I pray all this in Jesus' graceful name,
Hoping that, with a pure heart my mom will soon do the same.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. That was inspiring. Carly I am sorry for what you feel being a Mom is hard and trust me I have made a lot of mistakes as well. Go with a ❤ fill of forgiveness I pray for you.

    ReplyDelete