Thursday, April 09, 2015

Behind Closed Doors

Behind closed doors
no one sees the bad deeds.

When the curtains close and
I am backstage.
When the party ends and
it's time to go home.

Even though I'm not alone,
I'm alone.

I get told I'm crazy and worthless.
Lazy and--now I'm hopeless.

The mind games played by the insane
make me so confused.

So confused...

What is the truth?

I don't know.
At least not right now.

Most days I feel a cold numbness within me.
Self preservation I suppose.
To keep all of my feelings from becoming exposed.

I cannot stay in this state
and I refuse to do so.

I shall now restate my previous question:
What is the truth? to 
Who is the truth?

For Jesus is the truth.
I know he will help me through this.

I have the hope that he will.
Because I don't like this. This feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment